WE ADVOCATE, EDUCATE, RAISE AWARENESS & MAKE CAPTIONING HAPPEN AS CITIZEN ADVOCATES. JOIN US!
CCAC MISSION = INCLUSION OF QUALITY CAPTIONING UNIVERSALLY
CAPTION ALL MEDIA, LIVE STREAMS, AND LIVE EVENTS. CAPTIONING IS THE WORLD’S LANGUAGE.
CCAC = COLLABORATIVE FOR COMMUNICATION ACCESS VIA CAPTIONING
WHAT IS CAPTIONING? Full text equivalent of speech and other meaningful sounds, created as they happen, and where they happen, whether in a video or audio recording or during a live event. Let’s talk Captioning!
WHY? Mega-millions need and use quality captioning (subtitles) for conversations, education, employment, entertainment, meetings and much more. Captions are required by many people with hearing loss and deafness, and also benefit hearing people. Captions help in learning to read, learning languages, enjoying videos or TV in any noisy or quiet spaces. People with autism, tinnitus, and other perceptual differences use captions. Captions on any media allow immediate transcripts, and search engines to find you.
Hearing loss affects one in 4 to 5 people, all ages, globally. About 50 million in the USA alone. If not you, probably someone in your family.
CITIZEN CAPTIONING ADVOCATES – JOIN US!
CCAC is an official 501 (C) 3 non-profit organization (charity) across the USA and internationally. We ask for quality captioning in all places needed. Donations are tax-deductible. Support the mission in any way that fits for you. And join soon, to add your voices, ideas, and advocacy.
Ballet Red Scholl's Shoes Flat Mesh Frankie Dr Mesh Women's CCAC is not a captioning company. It’s is a welcoming place to learn more about captioning (subtitling, speech-to-text) and find support with others to advocate for inclusion. We’re having an impact.
WHERE DO YOU NEED CAPTIONS? TELL US – WE WANT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN WITH YOU, FOR YOU. CCAC SAYS, “LET’S TALK CAPTIONING!”
“@CCACaptioningPAIRS Suede Nice Ankle Women's Grey Strap DREAM Shoes Flats Walking Sole xwF6xS Your mission speaks to my heart. Captions are vital for accessing content and there aren’t enough of them.” – thank you!”
“CCAC- Grass roots advocacy at it’s best!” from long-time expert advocate – thank you.”Frankie Dr Shoes Red Women's Mesh Ballet Scholl's Flat Mesh
“My hat’s off to you CCAC for all the work and effort you put into advocacy for inclusion with captioning and CART! Thanks again.”
Captioning speaks to us! Captioning sends the message! Captioning is convincing!
WHY JOIN THE CCAC? WHY SUPPORT US?
1. CCAC is a non-commercial free global online resource about Captioning (Subtitles). Too many don’t understand what captioning is, or why it’s vital for millions. We offer extensive web information and also actively advocate every day.
2. The CCAC Members’ Forum Online is our meeting place and working space 24/7 all year long. Valuable information, discussions and advocacy happen in the unique community online. We are citizen advocates (consumers, providers and many others together).Phylly BEARPAW Hickory Ii BEARPAW Women's Women's xwHSUpq0
3. CCAC aims to point you in the right direction to find a captioner (a provider) for media or live events. A free clearinghouse service (to locate a provider) called CaptionMatch, designed and managed by two volunteers, was active for 5 years. Now on hold while the system considers an update, a simple email asking how to begin your search is all you need – CCACaptioning@gmail.com.
4. CCAC does original research exploring the benefits of captioning, why people need captioning and more, published online and in journals. See tabs called “Advocacy” and “Resources.”
5. CCAC provides mentoring and “letters of support” for individuals and other groups interested in captioning and seeking captioning anyplace needed.
Red Frankie Shoes Dr Scholl's Ballet Mesh Women's Flat Mesh Captioning advocates from many backgrounds and internationally enrich our learning and expand advocacy effectiveness. Local, national, and international communications make sense.
6. CCAC collaborates with long-established and newer groups (e.g. about hearing loss, accessibility, deafness, education, languages, disabilities, technologies, user experience, universal design, health care and more) to support all campaigns aiming for access and inclusion.
7. CCAC Media such as the first CCAC film called “Don’t Leave Me Out!” are viewed by a thousands globally. Some use our media on their own webs, at conferences, and more places. Spread the words!
8. CCAC’s activity on social media expands CCAC outreach and advocacy. Thousands of friends, fans and followers are with the CCAC on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, GooglePlus, and the CCAC YouTube Channel.
9. CCAC advances targeted campaigns for communication with captioning inclusion in schools, employment, health care, entertainment, government, transportation and more. One example – highly-regarded non-partisan “Captions Capture the Votes!” project. See tab above.
10. CCAC is the only official all-volunteer non-profit group we know to offer Grants for inclusion of Live Event Captioning.
Many copy CCAC lingo to promote individual projects, and some give CCAC credit and thanks. Cheers for all captioning advocacy! Just do it!
CCAC Member says, “…with real-time captioning I belong! I’m no longer an outcast because I cannot hear what is going on.”
Parent of child with deafness says, “Absolutely you may quote me! I really believe in the need for captioning. It has been amazing watching my son learn to read (he’s just 6) and the difference it has made in his life.”
CCAC member says, “With real-time captioning, I can attend, understand, and contribute to a discussion with less fear that I’ve missed a crucial point or even have the topic confused. It gives me more confidence….”
CCAC consumer member making donation says: “You are doing great work, that’s the message. Advocacy works.”
Like what you know about CCAC so far? Using CCAC materials for your work? For other groups? Finding CCAC informative and creative? Join or donate now to help CCAC move forward. Lots to do! All revenue goes solely toward annual costs of CCAC captioning advocacy activities. PayPal is in the right column on each page here.
E-mail for information.
CCAC members say: “I am so proud of the work you do on the CCAC. All your posts are insightful, tasteful, and easy to understand. Thanks for all you do”.
“I hope in my lifetime captioning will become so mainstream that you won’t have to even think about it.”
“The CCAC is doing an amazing job to advocate for captioning inclusion, and it’s taken off like wildfire!”
“Why didn’t I know about the CCAC forum online before? It’s a life saver! thank you.”
The CCAC official non-profit organization is a human service group.Pink Sports Silver Momentum Shorts EMC Soft xIdqOnf
IF YOU HAVE READ ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HERE, THANK YOU! PLEASE ASLO VIST THE OTHER TABS AND LINKS SUCH AS ADVOCACY, RESOURCES, MEMBERS’ FORUM, CCAC BLOG AND MUCH MORE.
Dr Mesh Red Women's Ballet Mesh Scholl's Shoes Flat Frankie NEED A SPEAKER ON CAPTIONING OR HEARING LOSS? The founder and president of the CCAC (Lauren E. Storck) welcomes invitations to speak at conferences, schools, other events. Transportation and accommodation costs are requested. CCACaptioning@gmail.com
NOTE: THESE WEBPAGES DO NOT TAKE COMMENTS. TO TALK TO CCAC, USE EMAIL TO CCACAPTIONING@GMAIL.COM, USE CCACBLOG.WORDPRESS.COM, OR FIND CCAC ON FACEBOOK. AND JOIN SOON, TO USE THE CCAC MEMBERS’ FORUM ONLINE.